Sunday, 31 December 2017

New Years Eve

November and December have been very busy months, but I haven't got as much sewing or knitting done as I would have normally.

First off our youngest son decided to move back to Norway. He has lived abroad a few years, but landed a new job in Oslo. As he was still abroad it meant my husband and I went to several flat viewings, time consuming, but we found a good one in time :)

Next was a lovely, relaxing and fun trip to Budapest to celebrate my birthday- My husband and I loved it there, beautiful hotel, Nutcracker ballet and La Traviata at the opera.And of course, the Christmas markets. I totally fell for this one where they had light shows every hour on the Basilica of St.Stephen. The Christmassy smells of hot wine and herbs, food and the sounds of carols and church bells are memories I will treasure forever.
Back home again we were kept busy with refurbishing our flat. A fireplace was installed, some painting and new furniture were in place just before the holidays began.
Dear Stella was very pleased with the fireplace, especially as she has had to remove several teeth and was a bit groggy a few days. Better now and able to eat biscuits again. she has had a chronic infection  in her gums since we got her, but we hope it will be ok now. So remember, dogs need dental care too and need to brush their teeth!! 

So with all this going on, I had to revise my list of homemade gifts this year :) I did finish a set of jumper and leggings for a little friend.
And I knitted two pairs of Christmas mittens (design Jorid Linvik) - I must admit I kept a pair
  for myself! And I am currently on my third pair, my sister fell in love with them, too.

This year has had its ups and downs as most years do. I have not posted as often as before on my blog, and have not kept up the Opam challenge as I intended. I have decided that in 2018 I must set aside time to do what I plan to do and not let life slip through my fingers. Hopefully that means I will have more to share with you, my blog friends:

Stella and I wish you all a Happy New Year!
 





2 comments:

  1. Oh and I wish you and Stella a very good year in 2018 too!!
    Love those mittens and that is a cute and warm looking set for a youngster!!--It seems most of us aren't happy with what we got done in 2017--no matter how much it was--we seem to think we should of gotten even more done--but we do need to take mine to 'breathe' and 'have adventures'--and talking adventures it sure sounded like you had a lovely one with your trip--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne Lise, I understand where you are coming from in 2017. I was less productive than I should have been too. I’m glad Stella is over her dental. 2 of mine had theirs before Christmas. Your gloves are amazing. I went to the knitting exhibition in Oslo this month and was inspired by the colourwork. I hope your son will be very happy there. Such cosy knits for your little friend too.

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...