
Hurray for the 17th May! Today is Norway's national day - celebrating independence from Denmark (1814), then Sweden (1905). The day is a general holiday (shame it's on a Sunday this year) and traditionally celebrated with children in processions, singing and waving the flag (and blowing whistles and horns, just generally making a racket). Afterwards there is usually fun and games at the schools. Hotdogs, cakes and icecream are also important ingredients. Kids of all ages love this day!
This year we have been blessed with nice weather. So I was up early and got my little angels all poshed up and took pictures before they left to have a fun day with their parents. Aren't they cute! And now I can relax and listen to the birds singing and occasional whistles blowing far away. That is until son no 2 turns up for dinner!
Here is my first Shabby Roses bom. I'm not completely happy with it. The fabric for the applique didn't stand out as much as I thought it would. And the pencil I used to trace the pattern didn't come out as it should, so I have got some marks on the material. Oh well, maybe I'll make another later. I nearly finished no 2 last night while watching the eurovision song contest - (which Norway won)!! I quite enjoy the stitching, although I must work on shorter and more even stitches.
Have a great day everyone!
Hi Anne-Lisse, so you had some fun time sewing--we had a really bad storm late yesterday afternoon--but then I sat in my rocker and stitched and listened to birds sing--they where really in a singing mood. I am planning on doing the Shabby roses too, in fact that was one group of the new fabrics I got on Friday--but now I am changing my mind and may use a blue-yellow group--I Just Have To be Different--or is it Difficult??????
ReplyDeleteTalk to you soon--Love, Di
l
I think your block looks lovely! I haven't started mine yet.
ReplyDeleteJeg synes det var flott jeg. Dette er nydelige stitcheryer. Ønsker å sy de jeg også. Snart sommerferie, kansje jeg får tid da.
ReplyDeleteStep back quick - you must be too close to it (because it is BEAUTIFUL!). Am having a lovely time moseying around here...
ReplyDelete