As you can see above my needle is idle - and I thought I was going to get such a lot done.Friday my youngest son (29) moved out ... again. He has been staying here while looking for a place to live near his shop. So now he and a mate who works in the shop have found a flat only 15 mins walk away. Saves them an hours drive each way! But I will miss him even if he hasn't been home that long.
My eldest son and his two children came to stay the weekend - and J (6) suddenly got a headache and very high temp. So that put paid to any plans the rest of the weekend. She was still poorly when they left - but don't worry she is right as rain now.
Tuesday I had an appointment in town and I managed to pop into the quilting shop and get some fabrics I needed for the shabby roses bom (among others that came home with me). Photos will be forthcoming later).
Yesterday I was all set to get started, but woke up with a killer headache. So as I couldn't look at anything without crossing my eyes, the only thing I got done all day was walk the dogs and bake bread.
Tasted good though!
And today? Well, I was only reading blogs this morning and got up to get something and my back went. Can't stand, sit or lie down.
So now I am really fed up and down in the dumps. This had better pass quickly because I want to sew!!
Sorry about moaning, promise to be happier next time!
By the way, I have been meaning to ask - do you always prewash fabrics?
Bye for now, Anne-Lise
Hope you are feeling better now, I dont know about new fabrics, as most of mine comes from the thrift shops so I always pre-wash. But I did buy some new fabric and have not pre washed it, and I have used it so I hope it doesnt shrink. Cost me a fair bit of money, so I shall be disappointed if it does.xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Anne-Lise, what a week you've had, must mean that next week will be wonderful. Backs are horrible when they hurt, please take care of yourself. I never pre wash my fabric, mainly because I'm too lazy I suppose, I've never had any major disasters (fingers crossed) yet. I just couldn't stand the thought of ironing it all!!
ReplyDeleteHi Anne-Lise--my goodness girl--let's hope last week is way over and I hope that by the time you get to reading this you are also quilting away!!! As you can see by my posts, i haven't gotten much done either I really do love my
ReplyDeletesister and my place will be sooo cute when we are done!!) Take care Best Wishes--Just, Di
Got your email and hope to get package in the mail by the first of the week!!
Hope you are feeling better- how frustrating to want to SEW and not be able to do it!
ReplyDeleteI don't prewash my fabrics- I like the extra stiffness or "body" they have when they are "fresh"!