"Here is a simple method of keeping silks and embroidery threads separate. Buy a two-penny (! sorry, just had to exclaim) notebook - the accountbook kind is the biggest for the money, as a rule - and slip a skein in at each page. Put an elastic band round the book to keep in its contents. You can cut down the book to make it narrower, if you wish."
(News Chronicle; Needlework and Crafts).
I do enjoy reading this book!
Oh, and I found out what my long-hook crocheting is called; Tunisian crochet or Afghan stitch. It has also been called Shepherd's knitting, hook knitting and Railroad knitting (apparently working class girls waiting for the train to take them to the mills would keep themselves busy this way).

You can even find good, easy instructions and patterns on the web. (If anyone wants to have a go and can't get the hook, just let me know and I can help out.) One day I might even progress from pot holders. :) Making another pair for my son to have in his new place.
See you later!
Hi Anne-Lisse--we had dark skies and rain today, til around 6:00pm then it cleared off and the Sun came out big time--I feel soooo much better when the sun shines!!! Glad I gave you a smile yesterday--some how when I was looking for something to use as a picture I found that clip art in one of my folders, couldn't believe how Perfect it was. Well, I need to get off early tonight --take care, Just Di
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented - they are gorgeous! I wish I could crochet properly, but I struggle with book instructions. I need to *see* it done and then I can follow along. I just love those potholders!!
ReplyDelete