Sunday, 30 September 2018

Autumn

Temperatures creeping down. Darker evenings and mornings. Leaves changing their colours and floating gently on the wind. Birds gathering, getting ready for their long haul to warmer places.


My fingers hate the cold. Supersoft alpaca to keep my hands warm until I have to get my thick mittens out. My ears don't like the cold either, so this hat will help when I go out with Stella. It is really pale green alpaca silk. Hope it doesn't make my ears itch.

A warm jumper for a little friend from Eritrea - just the thing for the kindergarten.

And I have finally got round to sewing again. I have made 4 of these place mats. (Pattern by Gudrun Erla). Good way to use up some of the pretty scraps I can't bring myself to throw out.

Stella's favourite place on chilly mornings. The darker it gets, the longer she wants to stay under the covers.

Enjoy October wherever you are; cooling down or warming up :)

2 comments:

  1. If I am going to be here in the cold north--I need mittens and a hat too--but need to find the right yarn that doesn't make me itch, yet is warm--
    love your mittens and hat--
    and nice sewing project--
    but the pupster is the best photo!!!
    enjoy, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glove yarn looks so cosy. I hope the hat works well for you and doesn’t irritate your skin. Beautiful jumper! Blue is still my favourite colour which surprises me as we are now Autumn and I usually change to an Autumn colour. I know what you mean about sewing taking a back seat. I’ve been playing with yarn more.

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...