Thursday, 12 March 2009

Treasure Trove

I have been very busy lately turning out the loft - only halfway so far, as I keep finding things I had forgotten about. Lots of treasures!
Like the emboidered cloth that granddad used to have over the back of his chair (in the days of real hair grease) - the G stands for Garfild, but I'm not related to the cat! :) Now it will be a nice runner for my work table.
I also found 6 of his napkins - always white linen - and perfect as background material for applique (I hope). Another treasure is the little round mat with the crocheted edge.
So not so much new work being done - and March halfway! Must get my skates on....
And Saturday I'm off to Spain for a week in kinder weather ... I'm sure to have something with needles attached in my suitcase.

So I had better go and choose something now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Happy Day--You are going on a trip--have some fun--maybe visit a favorite shop or two!! I love old linens. I have quite a few and had alot more but needed to part with some when i was cleaning out this past year. I have a nice collection of pillow cases from different family members that i have hung on a window frame that no longer has glass in it--so i use it for a hanging rack---will take a picture of it one of these days and show it on my post. Well, take care--have fun--Just, Di

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...