(I always made one for my own boys and loved the way their faces lit up with pleasure every morning in December.)
Having 2 grandies means 48 parcels! I try to vary homemade and bought, sensible and fun things. And of course I try to keep the cost down! So I start hunting around early. (And end in a rush!)
Girlie things are easy - scrunchies and hairclips are great fillers. Boy things aren't so easy, so I have to be on the look-out. The fun part for me is in the hunting and making, and that no other kids have a calender like it.

Hi Anne-Lise--I have not done the advent calendar the way you are doing it--my kids just had the paper ones where you opened a window each day to a saying--and we did the stocking thing--sometimes I have done the 12 days of Christmas with them--like they (or a girl friend) would get say a pack of gum that had 8 sticks to it for the 8th day--pencils might me for day 10--I love shopping for those gifts and for stocking stuffers---have fun with your Hunt, tooo---hugs, Di
ReplyDelete