Monday, 15 November 2010

Hard at work!

Some days I wish I hadn't started painting the windows .... 5 down and 4 more to go. So I'm slowly getting there. I can only manage one or two a day. And each one has been sanded and has 3 coats of paint. They do look nice - which is a waste (sort of!) as we have put our house on the market. Have already got someone interested - I hope they like white window frames!

Tiffi is very interested in the new activities around the house. Emptying the loft .... and getting out boxes with all sorts of new smells.
But she does now follow me around like a .... ok, dog! And cuddles nest to me when I sit down. She's making sure we don't get parted in all this.

And no matter what is on our plate at the moment, Christmas is coming closer and I have Christmasy things to do. I have sewn two runners (pattern by Dawn of the Gum Tree Designers). I have made mine a bit shorter - more coffee table size. I like the snowman material . The first one had white binding and made a combined birthday-Christmas gift for a dear friend.
I'm also doing quite a bit of packing. Starting on things I don't need for now - emptying cupboards and closets and trying to maintain a cosy atmosphere as there is still a month to go before we are off. I am trying to be organized and mark every box so I know it's contents and where it is to go in the new house. Hopefully we will find what we need to celebrate Christmas in our new home and do the rest afterwards.
Experience says this will work right up to the point when DH starts to help .....
And what did Blogger do with the last photo????
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Oh Bless her, my youngest dog dosen;t like the building work, the plumbers kept setting off the smoke alarm and the chippy is drilling, she comes as close to me as she can.
    Good luch with the move, I still haven't unpacked after 5 months :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy you all that packing and unpacking. Its a shame you couldn't have got away with leaving the windows, its a lot of work for someone else to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate painting windows too (and also cleaning them!) hope your house sale goes through! jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart. I hate packing. Guess that's why we've lived here in this house for so long! And the painting.....it always seems like such a good idea until you actually start in doing it. Ah, well, this, too shall pass. And when it's all over and done you will be glad you did it! Hold on to that thought!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and for the well wishes on my wrist. I was doing some marathon painting and I think that set it off. The fresh white paint looks so nice next to the wall paint. Good luck with the packing, that's a big job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painting, packing and sewing--with the holidays sneaking up fast--I wish you lots of luck when DH gets started packing. Cute table runner.Little Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Har 4 vinduer her som jeg skulle malt,men da får jeg jo ikke sydd da,og alt er utsatt til etter jul! Du har vært flink,Happy Quilting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely table runner..i love the fabric too

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy! Cute pup! Enjoyed catching up on you lovely blog...
    The buyers wil surely notice your hard work! Great idea to help sell! Good luck to you honey. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...