Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Oh my goodness - it's December!! And I was going to have everything done early this year!
And I forgot to post my OPAM finishes yesterday - and I have something to show. Here is a snuggle blanket I have crocheted for my granddaughter as part of her Christmas present. I have mostly used wool from my stash. Some is glittery and some is fluffy -- and some is ribbon. The blanket is a good size so she  can cover her bed with it, too.

This hat and wristwarmers are for my Great-niece (makes me sound terribly old!)


I try to get a little knitting or sewing done in the evenings, but most of my time is used packing and getting the house ready for the sale. I still have 2 windows left to paint, but  it has been so cold (days of -5 to -10) I decided to wait for a thaw. The paint would freeze before drying! Even the dogs prefer to curl up indoors.
Everything must be ready in 17 days  - that's when we move to our new house.  Panic!!!!


I do still read your blogs with my breakfast coffee- I just don't get round to commenting so much at the moment. I hope you all enjoy the holiday season.

10 comments:

  1. How exciting Anne-Lise, I moved once at Christmas, so I know what it's like :o
    I hope all goes smoothly and you get to have a well-deserved rest over the holidays, with lots of spoiling from the family !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my is it really that cold there now????
    It rained here and up on the hills around us they got alittle snow fall--an inch or so!!! we are suppose to get colder for the next couple days here--oh well it is December, Di!!!!
    Love the blanket and the hat and wrist warmers--you did a great job on them--
    remember to take care of yourself and to get some rest so you don't get sick with this moving stuff going on!!
    Hugs, Di and Miss Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Du har jo en super blog da!! Gøy å følge med deg:-) Så fin lue og pulsvarmere;nå er jeg snart i gang med julegavene,jeg også.
    Happy Quilting til deg .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely rug for DGD and the hat and wristwarmers are gorgeous. Good luck with packing and the move. I moved so many times and just love moving!
    Hugs
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flott teppe og luen og pulsvarmerne var kjempefine. Kan trenge slike ting i disse kalde vinterdagene. Ha en fin advent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hand knit gifts are just the best and these gifts look snuggly and warm as they are pretty. Only 17 days! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anee Lise. just dropped bye to say hello,love the mitts and hat such a lovely colour, I am sure our grt niece will love them . Your sweet dog looks so like mine they could be twins .. mine is 16 now and he is a blind, deafish, and a little absent minded ,but I adore him ... i will drop back soon,Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound very busy Anne-Lise. Hope you have a fantastic (and relaxing) Christmas.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the blanket but I really like the hat. Big Sister made me one a few years ago,which I use every winter,I like the style of yours. Take care during all the moving . Little Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...lovely finishes....

    Merry christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...