I have bought a new mini camera and decided to try it out on one of our walks with the dogs.
Nature makes it's own beautiful patterns. Here you can see how a winter storm ravaged the forest. Trees fell over like little sticks.
This area used to be a military training camp and has paths crisscrossing through the woods. It is lovely walking here; soft ground, earthy smells and birds calling. In the winter they have a lighted path for skiers.
The fallen trees make the path a bit challenging at times, but they are busy clearing the forest now as they have a time limit due to beetle infestation (which could spread to the trees still standing).
Walking is tiring, we usually do about 8 km, but also gives more energy for other activities.
I have started a tabletopper with Hardanger embroidery .... those holes are soooo tiny! This is going to last ages ... sewing, unpicking, sewing again .... I thought counting to 4 was going to be easy.
At the Norwegian Quilting Ass. annual meeting they sold kits for this cute little bag. And I fell for the stitchery which is the famous "Bryggen" houses of Bergen. Having lived in that area for so long I just had to have it.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend, too.
Hugs!
lovely pics of the wood. How nice to see the little dogs, I had a nice cuddle with our little ruby cavalier, Tilly this morning. Well she is not mine, but I am one of her unofficial aunties :-)
ReplyDeleteI do like your little bag very much, I am a sucker for blue and white.
Fint kamera med på fin tur!! Bergens mappen din ser flott ut;nå skal jeg snart starte på min jeg også. Ha en fin syuke:-)
ReplyDelete