Another post ... as it's been a while there are a few photos ...
There has been quite a bit of this
and this
but we have also had a few lovely sunny days .. we picked the berries off the redcurrant bush that bore fruit (the other two don't look so good, they are all planted in the same area, so I don't know why they are so different)
and got 1.5 jars of jelly - tastes delicious! I learned that you should pick red currants before the berries are too mature as you then get more of the stuff that thickens the jelly. So now you know, too :)
Last Saturday was a beautiful day, so we drove to a nearby (hm, 2 hour drive ) town. They were hosting the annual Hunt and Fishing days and had a huge market. Good fun!
Not everything was about hunting or fishing ....
This booth was gorgeous (co-hosted by May Brit of Abyquilt). Look at those beautiful quilts!!I have been doing stuff myself, too. A makeup bag - (pattern by AnnAKa). This is a trial run of the pattern before I make one for my sister's birthday.
Another hexie pouch (pattern by Sue Daley). This one is larger than the first one I made. And yes, I will sew that button on!
I've done some of this
and some of this. I realized I hadn't bought any more fabric during the summer!! I did however get yarn! Now this is most likely to get in a tangle along the way and it is all in pattern so not so easy to do without thinking! But I do a bit at a time and I will eventually show you how I progress. :)
Quite a bit of time has been used on this project. the verandah floor restained and looking quite good, I started on the railing - sanded, one coat of anti-fungal stuff and now I am halfway on the coat of white ... and thoroughly fed-up of it! But today is the day to finish (I hope) as they have promised more rain. (To tell the truth, I won't mind, because then I can do something else without feeling guilty :) .)
Filix enjoys overseeing my work ... yes, dear, I did paint under there!!!
I hope you get to do something fun today!!
All those yummee crafts!your make up bag is lovely.
ReplyDeleteI did like seeing little Filix snoozing on the balcony :-)
No doubt you have been busy. Lovely yarn for knitting projects - the jelly looks delicious too. Sorry I haven't visited here for awhile. I spend less time blogging lately - Hugs
ReplyDeleteNat
Så fine lilla stoffer du har brukt i toalettmappen og pungen. Ja, malejobber tar tid. Jeg malte hagemøblene i vår og det var mye arbeid. Artigere å sy ja!
ReplyDelete