Saturday, 31 January 2015

Sewing again

January almost gone - and I have signed up for another OPAM year !
 4 placemats for son #2 who has moved into a larger flat and has a dining table now! I have appliquéd
a Totoro on each one - we both think he is cute.
 And I have made the "Sew Together Bag" by SewDemented - 4 zippers! I impressed myself! And of course, my sister saw the photo and said "I want one". So I must brave the zippers again. :-)
 2 washcloths and 5 make-up remover pads. Patterns from the book "Kluter" by Bitta Mikkelborg.
Nice to have light and small projects on the needles as I have a torn ligament in my shoulder and knitting doesn't seem to help - but I do just a little at a time. Can't imagine not knitting!
 Still winter here and more snow in the air today. But we brave snow, ice and several degrees below zero for our daily walks. She is not really fond of getting cold paws, so I guess she might need some socks - more knitting to do :-)
Bye now!

3 comments:

  1. I know the need for socks this winter!!!
    Love those placemats--lucky #2 son!!!
    and that is a cute clutch with all those zippers--great job!!!
    and the knitting is cute too--
    sorry about the shoulder--hope you heal soon-
    smiles, diandmissgracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh- the perils of making something very pretty and practical! I'm sure you will do a great job again with the zips. What a pretty set of make up remover pads and wash cloths. They would make a great gift with a plastic lined bag. The place mats look like fun. I hadn't seen that character before. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry forgot to mention your shoulder. I hope it heals soon. Maybe crochet would be less hard on it? I was a bit silly and landed on my shoulder last week but crochet was easier than sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...