After a lovely week in sunny Spain, I am now back at home to rain and sleet. But who cares?


One day we decided to see Valencia, not knowing it was the first day of the Falla festival. The city was decorated and we kept running into Spanish ladies in their exquisite costumes in every colour you could think of. Really beautiful!
At the cathedral plaza we came upon a giant, wooden Madonna. (Not the singer - as my son pointed out to his young friend!)

Later in the day the ladies joined processions, all the girls carrying posies of flowers. The procession passed the Madonna and the flowers were given to men who then climbed the giant structure and clothed the figure in flowers. A wonderful sight and the scent lovely. I'm so glad to have witnessed this.
I did of course take some work with me, knitting and stitchery. But I have to admit I didn't do much ..... so now I'm a little behind schedule.
Have a great day!
Welcome back, Anne Lise--missed you while you were gone--but you did have a lovely trip by the sounds of things--and now that you are back home there is time to work on those projects????? I did do some work on the two blogs again tonight and I FINALLY think I have the correct links figured out so you can go from one to the other--look in the blog lists, ok!!
ReplyDeleteHave a Great Day--Just, Di