Wednesday, 25 March 2009



My first BOM

from Bunny Hill. Lagging a bit behind, but now underway. And such fun! I have used fusible web and blanket stitch, on advice from a quilting shop I found, as I am rather new to hand applique. But I do want to learn needleturning applique as I like the look of it more. So...the question is .. must I now use the same technique for all the blocks - or can I vary as my technique improves? Anyone out there got a view on this?

I've got BOM no 2 ready for stitching and can't wait to get started. So I'm going to hurry through my chores and settle down and enjoy myself.

2 comments:

  1. Anne-Lise, it is your quilt and your creation. Do not let anything get in the way. If you wish to change techniques, then go ahead. It can become a sampler quilt of techniques and a learning piece. The most important thing is that you enjoy the process and have fun. Don't worry about not being on time with your blocks either. I have printed off the blocks and have cut part of the first one but I have not had time to finish it. You did a good job on yours in blanket stitch. Needle turn applique is not difficult. As with anything else, the more you do it, the better you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne Lise--Like the other comment says"it your quilt" so you can change techinques as you to along. One of my first applique classes I took was a three panel tablerunner, and in each block we learned a different way to do applique and it looks fine and is one of my favorite pieces!! So glad you are trying a new quilt style.
    have a wonderful day--OH--forgot to tell you--my daughter Dawn, had her surgery cancelled by the doctors office as there is a problem with the doctor, so now she had to find another doctor and she goes to see him on Tuesday--she is not a happy camper--so to speak--right now!!! Just, Di

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...