The old parts have been kept in their original style and are real gems.
This is taken from the library looking in to one of the salons.
I loved the way colours and light underlined the beauty of the place.
We did stop for a picnic on the way .....
More photos from our holiday will be posted later. To keep it short - we enjoyed our trip even though it was short and meant a lot of time on the road. I did take several stitcheries with me - but must admit I didn't set a stitch :(
Well home again I was knocked out by a week of migraine attacks! The change in the weather from summer to autumny winds and rain certainly did no good. While being under the weather (! - couldn't help it:) ) I decided I had to move my workspace. Combining with a guest room just didn't work as I had someone (read son no 2) staying at least half of the time. I love him dearly and enjoy him staying - so instead of letting my lack of a sewing room irritate, I decided to move it upstairs. We have a small sitting room here with our TV etc. So I started moving stuff around.
Halfway done, we got a letter from the Fire dep. They were coming on an inspection. In the upstairs sitting room, the chimney had been built in to a box. This is no longer allowed as they must be able to inspect it from min. two sides. I did cover part of the room with sheets - but I had NO idea how much dust making two holes would make!!
I have now cleaned the room from floor to ceiling and have started again on creating a workspace of my own...... Photos of end result forthcoming. And hopefully I can get some sewing done soon .... Xmas challenge etc.....
Halfway done, we got a letter from the Fire dep. They were coming on an inspection. In the upstairs sitting room, the chimney had been built in to a box. This is no longer allowed as they must be able to inspect it from min. two sides. I did cover part of the room with sheets - but I had NO idea how much dust making two holes would make!!
I have now cleaned the room from floor to ceiling and have started again on creating a workspace of my own...... Photos of end result forthcoming. And hopefully I can get some sewing done soon .... Xmas challenge etc.....
Oh dear poor you, hope you are feeling better now, Glad you have a lovely holiday, super photos. Gosh all the dust, hope you will not be vacuuming it up for weeks. hugz xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Anne-Lise--oh my what a lovely place to stay in--but all that driving would probably drive me crazy--and I used to love it--oh well live changes for us i guess!!!! How is the sewing room coming--it always seems like a great idea and will be once it;s done--it;s the "doing" that is hard--and then to have to clean up a mess on top of it!!!!! take care--hugs, just, Di
ReplyDelete