35 years ago mum bought my baby son an angel to sit on the top of the Christmas tree. Our family had always had a fairy sitting on top, but we couldn't get them here in Norway. (I haven't found the right sort in England either ... not for the lack of trying!) So an angel was the next best thing.
She has come out every Christmas and the kids (read two grown up men :)) refuse to have anything else at the top of the tree. Poor thing has become greyer each year and her wings were in a bad state. So last night I took pity on her and made her a new dress and gave her clean wings.
The dress is made out of scraps from the petticoat that went under the christening dress I knitted for my grandson. Hopefully this will make the change acceptable to his father who is the rightful owner of the angel.I made the small angels today from combed lambs wool.
I've also made some cute nut/fruit/bread or whatever bags as gifts. They are reversible, too. I actually made three - one in green and red, too, but I gave that away before I got a photo taken. And at long last I'm really in the mood for sewing, so pop in again and see what else I get done before deadline.
Det er så hyggelig med all julepynten som rommer så mange minner. Flotte poser du har laget. Jeg har laget noen jeg også som jeg har tenkt å fylle med litt godteri til jul. Flotte som gaver er de jo også.
ReplyDeleteYour angel looks super. Happy christmas my friends. hugs xxx
ReplyDeleteHI Anne-Lise--I know I am on here really early today--was checking the weather--my girl friend is taking us to Micheal's craft shop later--they have a special sale that starts at 4 pm to day--you can get an extra 15% off your total sales--PLUS they have already started their Christmas sale at 70% off today--I really want a different tree for next year--soooo--yet I hate to go out it is cold and damp here and I am indoor houseplant in the winter--yet--a bargain is a bargain--RIGHT??????
ReplyDeleteI love your angels--you did a nice job on the fixing up of the tree topper--and those little ones are cute--keep warm!!!
Hugs, Di