Thursday, 8 July 2010

Brutus and the mail

My latest Brutus. Just in time for the next one!  I think I'm rather like him at the moment - prefer dozing and dreaming in the sun.
Oh look - the postlady has been here and something for me today .... hm .. from Di  in New York. Now what has she been up to ?
I am so lucky! Thanks Di, for the lovely teatowel and the decoration that spells "friend" (see to the left - ok, photo could have been better )... you are truly a special friend! I love the colours! 
Just what I needed after taking Filix to the vet. He has a skin problem and we are now testing for allergies. While we were there we took x-rays of his hips (he has always walked a bit funny, but now he squeals sometimes when he jumps up). It seems as if he might have HD (hip dysplasia) - so he has to start on meds. It doesn't affect him much yet - he still jumps into my bed in the mornings! At the moment he is knocked out - and he'll most likely have a hangover when he wakes up. Poor thing - he hasn't even been partying!
Tiffi is playing nurse - she keeps snuggling up to him. Cute. Can't get a picture yet - he is lying in the hall; the coolest, but darkest place in the house. I'll have to try later ....
Off to trace a stitchery for granddaughter's bag - talk about WISP ....

6 comments:

  1. Så fin Brutus ble. Hyggelig med pakker i posten. Ha en super helg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Brutus is cute. Sorry to hear about Filix (HD).The med.s should help him. Can't wait to see the new tote. Little Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful get surprises in the mail like this!!!! VERY SWEET lady!!! lovely.
    Your embroidery is so cute. I'm sorry, I'm new to your blog... Why is it called Brutus? :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heisan..

    Innom for å ønske deg en flott sommer også:)
    Takk for koselig hilsen!

    Sommerklem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Brutus stitchery is adorable! Love the tea towel you got too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Brutus! I only just found those lovely stitcheries by Bronwyn. Aren't they adorable?

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...