Wednesday, 21 July 2010

I'm on a roll .....

I am a lucky girl ...
First I got this pattern for a lovely mini-quilt from Di, just because I guessed how much postage she paid one day. It is so cute - I can't wait to start on it.


Then I won a giveaway on Octoberfarm - and the book came today along with some tasty toffees. By the way, you can find some lovely, tempting recipes on this site. I am certainly giving some a try even though I've never been much of a cook. My husband is the real cook in this house - he is so talented :) (and I am so grateful).


I had hoped to be finished with my strip quilt by now, but my sewing machine (just back from the "cleaner's" is now extra sensitive to the thickness of the material and just wouldn't agree to top+batting+fleece. So I have ordered a walking-foot online (couldn't get one in town)and hopefully that will arrive soon. In the meantime I am handquilting and find it more of a challenge than I thought (at least if I want the back to look good). And it is warm work in summer! I think I'll be on the lookout for a frame. Do you use one?

I have finished the skirt for my granddaughter and started on the jumper - photos will follow.
I'm not doing so good with the Early bird Christmas challenge though - maybe it is a bit too early for me? Will try to think of something soon. In the meantime I am going to watch the rain teeming down outside while I have a cuppa and chew toffees and sew some more. And maybe I can figure out why Google wants me to write in the middle of the page only????? See ya:)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win. You have been lucky lately. Those caramel toffees look yummy! Enjoy Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så heldig du har vært. De karamellene så gode ut. Det mønsteret er jo aldeles lekkert. Ønsker deg en fortsatt flott uke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...lovely quilt pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on you wins (I love those bulls-eyes caramels). I know what you mean about hand quilting being a terribly hot task in the summer - or any time of year here in Florida. I tried hand quilting once, but gave up because I couldn't sit under it while quilting. I thought about using a frame too, but didn't try one. Good luck - I really like the idea of starting Christmas projects now!

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...