Sunday, 12 September 2010

Birthday Boy!


Fabulous Filix (and it is his official name!) is 6 today! He is a marvellous friend and a true gentleman. He didn't complain when one of his guests just had to try to lick the ice cream cake (accompanied by gleeful squeals from the grandkiddies). Well, everyone got a taster in the end although some wished they could have had more. ... (not proportional to body size :) )

Not much to show this week. I haven't done any sewing (squeak!) I have been painting - no, I'm not aspiring to be a new Picasso ... I have painted the top of the terrace fence and the bathroom window. It takes time, but looks bright and glossy now (all our windows are just lyewashed not painted) . I have quite enjoyed myself, but I do wish each coat of painting dried faster. I don't think I'm a very patient person, in fact. Now I have had a success with one window, I think I'll have a go at some more.

I have done some knitting in the evenings - several birthdays this autmn; 2 grandkiddies, son #1 and my father-in-law (80!)
The kiddies are easy - if I get the knitting finished in time, my son? no problem ... but my father-in-law? I'm really stuck. He doesn't need anything, doesn't want anything .... really helpful there. Oh well, still got some time to think - all bright ideas are gratefully received :)

Oh, Lewis on the telly - must dash. Love Oxford. See ya!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Fabulous Fix--what a handsome dog--love the coloring!!! Have spent a lot of time on the Internet searching for me a little doggie---can not believe all the cats and dogs that need homes--and then they charge sooo much for them--doesn't make sense to me!!????
    I am on "slow" mode myself this month for some reason!!!
    Hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Filix, thats really a cut name for a dog. Happy day to you too Anne-Lise.
    Hugs
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Filix. What a beautiful dog you are.

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...