Thursday, 5 November 2009

Another go

Last weekend I tried to post about the baby quilt I had finished - at long last. Just as I pressed save, everything disappeared!!!
The next morning I left for a few days in Spain, and haven't been able to post until today. So here goes:
Detail 1: Every corner is embroidered. Baby's mum is a tattoo artist and the dragon is for the tattoos on my son. (Every boy must have a dragon sometime).
The owl is for the one on my shoulder and is also a signature.
The boy is named Balder - after one of the norse gods. He was beautiful and kind and wherever his horse trod, springs would appear.
The sun rune, Balder's special sign.
The whole quilt. The first big one I've made. It measures 115 cm square. So he can use it a long time.
Quite pleased with it and with getting it finished so I can get on with all the boms and xmas stuff that are waiting to be sewn. Have got some with me ... guess how much I've done so far???
But the weather is marvellous and I must enjoy it while I can. Hope you have a lovely day, too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that is a very beautiful quilt, I am sure it will be well loved and well used. hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne-Lise--welcome back--I miss you when you go away for so long!!!! Beautiful quilt and you did a beautiful job in making it--happy quilting---hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...