Thursday, 12 November 2009

Thoughts on Poppy Day

They are so beautiful and so sad. I actually got the poppies in Spain - they aren't used here. They always remind me of my granddad who left Norway to fight in WWI. He ruined his health in the trenches and ended up in hospital in England. Somehow he met my nan and the connection between Norway and England was established.
During WWII their house was open to the soldiers who had left their homes to fight in a foreign country. They had several guests from Norway and from Canada.
Sadly he passed away before I was old enough to be interested in what he'd done so I never got the chance to ask.
My thanks go to those who stand up for truth and freedom. My hope is that we one day won't have to fight for it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi--my Dad severed in WWII and my Uncle was in the military for many years--but he passed away when I was little so did not know him--I believe, that we will always have some wars somewhere--man never seems pleased with what they have and always wants more--power and more money---sooo very sad!!!
    On a brighter note--what are you working on now??? Take care--hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...