Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Nearly there..

I have finished all the Shabby Roses blocks - and now the fun part (or scary part) remains. I'm looking forward to sewing it together. I'm hoping I have enough material in my stash to finish it.
I like this one ... the block title is just perfect.
And I have been filling baskets as well ... September,
October:
December:
Yes, I've got November left, but I just had to do this one before I put Christmassy fabrics aside for a while.
I've also started on some ski socks for the kids, but they have to be loooong, so it might take a while before I can show them.

Yesterday I went to the library and got some more books ... so now I must keep myself on a short rein if I'm going to get anything done, as I have used up today reading!
I read "Miss Pym disposes" by Josephine Tey. A mystery novel first published in 1946! It was a fun read, just relaxation. But time does fly when you're having fun :)
I'll try to get some knitting done while the telly is on this evening !

Enjoy your evening, too:)

3 comments:

  1. Your shabby rose blocks look lovely, and its fairly easy to finish off the quilt, no tiny squares to sew together. lol - I was so proud of my shabby rose quilt and if I can do it anyone can. Love the baskets, I too have saved all the patterns, but havent got around to starting on them yet. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne-Lise--love all your blocks--you have done a beautiful job on selecting the fabrics for each one--I am often disappointed in my fabric choices on my blocks--they don;t come out bright and cheery like I would like!!!!
    Mostly just hand quilted today--on a Christmas Wish bom from last year--it is one of my goals for January--tomorrow I hope to get in the sewing room and actually finish putting together some embroidery work boms--we will see!!!! Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to see the finished quilt. will you be showing pics of it?

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...