Tuesday, 22 June 2010

One for him ..

The grandchildren are going on holiday later on and I thought I'd make a cross-over bag for each of them for their bits and pieces; sunglasses, sweets, DS etc. 
I used son #2's old jeans - the back pocket was just right for the pocket on the bag. (Inspired by Jenny)
This one is  for "him" - my little Jedi (the badge didn't come out too good on the photo) - he is a Star Wars fan, so I think he will like this touch.


Now it's a few days since this was finished, and I was just going to make dinner before I started on "hers" - ( while in the flow).  So I opened a tin of tomato beans and the lid stuck ... you can probably guess the rest. Yes, I tried to pry it open with my finger. And at the very moment I cut myself, I thought "this is not a good idea". Too late! A nasty, deep cut in the tip of my right index finger and did it bleed! Do you know how much you need your index finger! It has been so tender I have had to keep away from sewing, knitting.
So I have been reading and tidying cupboards (!) and sunning myself.  My finger is healing ok, but is tender if I put pressure on it - going to try a little sewing today as the sun has taken a break.
Will be back with "hers" !

8 comments:

  1. Ouch Anne-Lise, that must have hurt! The bags are cute though and I'm waiting to her's bags when you are better. I did similar bags with DS's cargo shorts. Enjoy your book - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that sounded so painful. I do hope your finger heals quickly. I would love to see the other bag. The jeans bag came out so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHH---you are an "accident ready to happen by the sounds--first you say you are on crutches and now a "sore" finger--what gives??????
    Hope it all heals quickly!!!
    hug, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!~You are so creative! You like the hexies also! :) Your photos are lovely... XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Sure hope you win my giveaway! I can only imagine what your quilts would be like from this book!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heia flott bag du har laget...
    Tusen takk for koselig besøk på bloggen min!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat bags...sorry about your finger--I have the same-not a good idea-but it was too late and got an oowie. Smiles-Little Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne-Lise...oh a gorgeous cake and then a cut finger; such opposites! Hope your cut gets better quickly. I just popped in to see how our Christmas Crafting is going? Did you add any more Mini Gifts to box? Let me know how many gifts you got done by midnight 29th June...must have three finished to go in the draw.
    Kind Regards
    Judith
    http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...