Monday, 28 February 2011

More from Sunday outing

In yesterdays post I mentioned I had found a lovely quilt shop. It is called Lappe Makeriet and means the Patch Makers. There were so many beautiful fabrics, books, magazines and odds-and-ends. I could have browsed for hours, but DH was with me, so I tried to keep in mind want I needed.


I had to find the Dear Jane book as I have joined a group here that is starting on this wonderful quilt. And it is a great way for me to get to know other ladies that enjoy the same interest. I'm thinking I might be out of my depth, but I'll learn as I work (I hope).
I bought a few fabric strips. I am not going for a pure CW look - I am hoping to use up some of my stash on this project. But I do need to expand my colour range a bit....


The first thing I saw inside the door was this book. I couldn't resist! So many cute projects! 
My last finish for February. I needed a mugrug, too.  I love the print on this fabric (Lynette Anderson ?). The colours are pretty, too. This one is for keeps as it is slightly wonky (hence the mug ). 
Hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely mug-rug. I have not made one yet, as my machine has been hidden away from the builders and all their mess :-D
    Nice to see yours is big enough for a biscuit as well LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my--you are in for a challenge on the Dear Jane blocks--but I wished I could join the group and do it with you--hey I need a vacation--so I will come there and we can go together--!!!
    How many weeks, months, years, did you say it was gonna take us to do that whole little quilt???
    Love the fabrics you got too and that is a cute mug rug!!enjoy!
    hugs, Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Cath Kidson book as well. I've looked at the Dear Janes, but they do seem to totally take over quilters lives, a great way to meet new people though. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...