Thursday, 10 May 2012

Open European Quilt Championship

Just back from the Netherlands where I have been to see the Open European Quilt Championship with a group of local quilters. We went by bus .... looooong trip, but time passed pleasantly in good company.

The exhibition was lovely - about 300 works of art in all sorts of techniques and colours. The theme was "Flora".  I have taken a lot of photos and I'll show you some. Some are just of details I found fascinating, others are of whole quilts.


 This next photo is a detail of one of Reiko Kato's quilts. Around the exhibition area, several well known quilters had been invited to show their work. Reiko Kato sat at a table sewing her beautiful little houses - I fell in love with her quilts that have so many cute details.





 Bodil Gardner showed some of her fun and vibrant quilts. This one makes me smile.
I'll post some more tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. ooh I love the stars! looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting to go to a quilt show!!
    and I love the photos--I think that is me in the bottom picture!!!!!!
    Hugs, Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...