Monday, 20 April 2009

What is this called?

Well, the weekend is over and the grandchildren (bless their cotton socks) have gone home. So now I can show off what else I have been doing lately. Two more pot holders - this time in a technique I don't know what to call in English. (In Norwegian it is called "hakking").
It is a sort of crocheting, but you use a long needle and only work from the right side. You pick up stitches on one row and crochet them off again on the next.


I have made them double so they are nice and thick. I then crocheted round the edges to give a dainty finish. If anyone can tell me the name of the technique I would love to know. I even asked in a crafts shop while I was in England, but they hadn't seen it before.

Here are the wool leggings for my granddaughter. I have finally finished them - she is getting so tall, the legs took forever. I thought they'd keep her nice and warm under her dress when she goes to and from dance classes. Good job the legs are long - as spring is here she won't be needing them until autumn now. But now I feel like sewing again, so I'm off to do a basket....... see ya!



1 comment:

  1. Hello Ann-Lise, thank you for your lovely comments about my blog. I love your cat pin cushion, it's so cute. Sorry I can't help you with your crochet thing, I've no idea what it's called. Talk to you again soon, keep in touch,
    big hugs, Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...