Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Busy weekend

Filix and I joined a training weekend to work on passing other dogs (without barking, growling, whining ... you name it!) There are alot more dogs here than where we lived before and he/we haven't adjusted well. He enjoyed himself hugely as he was given tidbits as soon as he saw another dog ... sausage, meatballs, cheese ... lucky dog! He was tired and full up Sunday evening - he just curled up and slept. So did I! Two days of walking and standing and trying to give the response at exactly the right time was tiring for us humans, too. Now we just have to keep up the good work. I look forward to being able to go for walks without dreading meeting other dogs. I'm glad the weather is warming up as this is going to mean a lot of outdoor work! So if you see someone walking a dog with a tube of cheese in one hand, it might be me ....

3 comments:

  1. oh that tube of cheese thing is so clever. I saw a man over the fields with his lab retriever, practising recall. She would have a lick of the cheese and he'd screw the lid back on. what a good idea. trouble is, my old dog would never get any walking done, she would just stand there staring up at me in anticipation of a treat!
    SOunds like you have got off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss gracie says hi--she just got up from after dinner 'nap'--so she will want to play in a bit!!!
    Cheese hu????
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hyggelig å lese litt!
    En award venter på deg på bloggen min:-)

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...