I attended a couple of workshops - the first one was with Marti Michell and Double Wedding Ring.
I just love that pattern and she taught us how to use the template set she has designed. I was handsewing, so I didn't get much done .. but it's a start. I'm going to change one of the fabrics I have used - one of the lilac colours "disappears", but I got a brighter one to try instead.
The other workshop was English paper piecing. I was on the lookout for that rotating board and suddenly Sue Daley's book decided to come home with me, too. And a few other bits and pieces .......
Saturday I met up with friends and we went for a meal and then on to the cinema for "Mission Impossible 4" with Tom Cruise. It was entertaining and we enjoyed ourselves.
DS was pleased with his new quilt - it fit the bed perfectly!
So now I have some projects to work on (!!) I think I will do some more sewing.
Have a nice day!
I have a load of MM templates, I really like working with them. Sounds like a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI like your star and diamonds very much, I shall be interested to see how this work progresses - slowly I know :-)
ReplyDeleteso glad you had a great time--
ReplyDeleteand I love your two quilts that you have started--
can't wait to see them as they get larger--
so get busy, girl!!!!
Hugs, Di and miss gracie