Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Filix on the mend...

Still looks sorry for himself, doesn't he? After all, he has got a sore on the cornea of his right eye and the vet said it was pretty painful. But the meds seem to be doing the trick and he is actually back to normal. So don't be deceived - he loves curling up in Tiffi's cage for morning naps. And don't worry - his cage is a lot larger. Tiffi doesn't care anyway, she curls up in my red chairs.

Some photos from our weekend trip. These are from a place called Kalvaag on the west coast. It's a small fishing village and my father-in-law's family come from here.
It is a renowned place for people on holiday in boats. Great facilities and a lovely restaurant (the white building in the pic).
I was neither on board a boat or having an earthmoving experience here - I just wobbled...
The in-laws used to have a lovely holiday cabin (no electricity or running water until the last few years!!) on a tiny island near Kalvaag. We'd go there with the boys for summer holidays and it was paradise to them; boats and fishing, baths on the rocks in good weather, oillamps and games and waffles when it rained. We do have some great memories from here!

I managed to stitch both the last Shabby roses boms while we were away, as they were ready to stitch, but the basket had to wait ... and still is! Have run out of printer paper (the angels use it as drawing paper), so I must go shopping before I can get started on it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh bless him, he looks so.... oh those puppy dog eyes.
    Lovely weekend photos, hope it was good. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 'holiday cabins' look like my idea of paradise on earth! Wish I could vacation there and then forget my way home! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, including the cute pup -- isn't it wonderful that God created such loving companions for us! I can tell by looking, this one is special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne-Lisse--I am glad you won the 100th post and I wanted to leave word yesterday--but then decided to "surprise" you--some what when you read my post. Glad Felix is on the mend--it's soo hard when a pet is sick cause they can't tell you about it, I am soo tired of this decorating thing--I do believe the more we do--the more I see to do?????? Hopefully on monday, sister Barb will be moving into her own place and I can get to more quilting--Time will tell??????
    Hugs--Just, Di--will try to get your gift in the post by Monday--OK???

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi...just found your wonderful blog! oh what a cute puppy!!!! and the village...i could live there in a heartbeat. check my cute pup out on my blog when you have some extra time. joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to come visit you - what beautiful scenery!
    Poor Filix, I hope he recovers soon. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...