I have a big sister - by 3 years. We are totally different; don't look alike, she was a tomboy, I was a dreamer (was?). We don't agree on politics, nutrition, religion - you name it. We do enjoy some of the same music, books, films - and a mutual love of England. (Grew up there, so we can't help it.) We live far apart and keep in touch by phone.
SO... I was talking to her yesterday when she suddenly asked if I remembered the bag I sewed her out of her curtains (donkey's years ago, but I do remember it was out of the scraps after Mum had sewn her curtains). I made us one each ... beautiful grey fabric with cottages (!) on and I used some pale pink and scraps of lace. So now she tells me that everyone admired it and she had used it til it was worn out. Could I make her a new bag? To take on holiday?
You have correctly assumed my sister doesn't sew, well she doesn't blog either .... so she couldn't know I had planned a tote bag like mine for her birthday! But her birthday is AFTER her holiday! Oh well, the end of it was I sent her a photo of the tote bag and she is very pleased she will be getting an early birthday present.
I will use the same fabrics as mine except for one square - you can see here what I will put in for her (thanks, Di for the angel fabric - just what I needed to make this special for her!) a
I hope she doesn't start reading my mind at Christmas....
Sisters, I always wanted one but had 3 brothers instead. Not quite the same I fear! I'm sure her bag will be lovely Anne-Lise.
ReplyDeleteHugs, lizzie
Søsteren din er kjempeheldig. Kos deg videre.
ReplyDeleteMona
Hi Anne--I just loved your post today about your sister--cause in a way I can relate because of my sisters!!!! And I am pleased that your where able to use one of the angel panels--it made me smile--thanks!!! I still have not gotten my package--more Cosmos thread--really should of been here by now--oh well, maybe tomorrow????
ReplyDeleteHave Fun tomorrow--Just me
Hei. Jeg har en hilsen til deg på bloggen min.
ReplyDelete