Thursday, 11 March 2010

It's raining, it's pouring!

It's absolutely teeming down! I'm sitting here watching the spatter on the windows, listening to the gurgling of water draining into the ground and the sudden whoosh of snow sliding off the roof.
I like rain - I still enjoy splashing in puddles - it would be even better if it wasn't so wet. Not that I mind, but it is boring having to shower the dogs each time they have been out for a walk. They aren't fond of puddles. Tiffi, bless her short little legs, always avoids them if she can. But after a shower they just love curling up in front of the fireplace to dry - just like cats. (Hmm, must get photo of this, right?)
Well I have got a photo of a cat ... tada .. bom no 2 of darling Brutus.
Not quite happy with it; the red competes with the ginger (cat). I think I might make another and turn this into a cushion cover or bag for Granddaughter.
First part of Vero's mystery quilt is done (at last).
Very country style .. Must get started on next part. Hope to be able to catch up.

I was going to brighten up with some clipart, but as I have already lost this post once, I will try again another day!
Now this weather is really good for staying in and doing something cosy - what shall I choose?

4 comments:

  1. Hi I like your cat block--they blend alittle--but I can see the kitty ok--I am doing mine in a variegated black--they way he looks good with whatever else is in the picture and my last kitty was all black so it reminds me of him!!! We are suppose to have the rain for the next three days or so---so I will continue to do my thing---quilt!!!!! I do need to go to the quilt shop for some jumbo rick rack for a project--so we will see--why couldn't I have needed to go when the sun was shinning?????
    Have fun---love the new background you found--so cheerful---love that color "pink"--
    hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne-Lise, I like rain too specially tropical rain. It's the best to be indoor watching the rain streaming down. I have not seen that for awhile. Australia is very dry and every time it rains I'm either at work or sleeping! I love your bom #2 it's cute - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am alwaus amazed when I come away from a quilt show at how many different designs there are. I enjoyed your posts and liked especially the cataliscious stitcherie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's raining here too- I have spent the day trying to catch up on my wool BOM- perfect day for it!

    ReplyDelete

Been busy

It’s that time of year ! I have been quite busy and still have more to get done - will have to see how far I get.  I enjoy making a few C...